Who we are
First and foremost we are a group of believers who are completely in love with our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. Lamb’s Way Christian Ministries is a church plant in Wolfville, Nova Scotia, that was birthed from the Mountain Christian Centre on Gaspereau Mountain. Then pastors, Bruce and Ruby Patstone, were given a vision to reach out into the Wolfville area, unique in the region due to the university in town that gives it a global reach and influence. In May of 1998 the “Lamb’s Way” began in a humble Pizza Shop that we repurposed for church meetings, and we haven’t stopped since! Since that time we have moved a few times and now meet at the Lion’s Hall down near the dykelands.
We have had the same pastors since our inception, though Ps. Ruby has gone home to be with the Lord. We also are led by a steering committee made up of the pastor, and two other couples: Hannah and Charles Jordan, and Erin and Nathan Patstone.
Denominationally, we are a part of the Apostolic Church in Canada, a trinity believing, five-fold ministry that was birthed out of the Welsh Revival in 1904-5. Today, while having a smaller work in Canada, the Apostolic Church is global in international stature with ministries in 59 countries around the world touch every major continent. The first Canadian church was started right here in Nova Scotia atop Gaspereau Mountain in 1927 and from its humble beginnings the work in Canada has grown to over twenty works with more beginning all the time.
Our vision is this…
- To see the practical revelation of Jesus' love and power.
- To impact individual lives, our community, and the world for Christ.
- To proclaim His word and be led by the Holy Spirit.
- To rekindle first love and passion for Jesus Christ.
- To give God all glory.
We now sum all of that up with a simple mission statement, “Love God, Love Others”.
Tenets of the Apostolic Faith
- The Unity of the Godhead and the Trinity of the Persons therein.
- The utter depravity of human nature, the necessity of Repentance and Regeneration.
- The Virgin Birth, Sinless Life, Atoning Death, Triumphant Resurrection, Ascension, and Abiding Intercession of our Lord Jesus Christ; His Second Coming and Millennial Reign upon earth.
- Justification and Sanctification of the Believer through the finished work of Christ.
- The Baptism of the Holy Ghost for believers with signs following.
- The Nine Gifts of the Holy Ghost for the edification, exhortation and comfort of the Church, which is the body of Christ.
- The sacraments of Baptism by immersion, and the Lord's Supper.
- The Divine Inspiration and Authority of the Holy Scriptures. Church Government by Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors, Teachers, Elders and Deacons.
- The possibility of falling from grace.
- The obligatory nature of tithes and offerings.
Things you might experience
- Exuberant praise and Worship
"Make a joyful shout to God all the earth! Sing out the honor of his name; make his praise glorious." - Ps. 66:1-2
"Oh, clap you hands, all you peoples! Shout to God with the voice of triumph! For the Lord Most High is awesome; he is a great king over all the earth." - Ps. 47:1-2
"Let them praise his name with the dance; let them sing praises to him with the timbrel and harp." - Ps. 149:3
- Speaking in tongues
"And they were all filled with the holy spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the spirit gave them utterance." - Acts 2:4
"But he who prophesies speaks edification and exhortation and comfort to men." - 1 Cor. 14:3
- Falling under the spirit
"Then he fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him , 'Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?'" - Acts 9:4
- and more...